Flexible Rollover Product

Flexible Rollover Product

Growing your super even after leaving the SA public sector.

Maximise your retirement savings with our tax effective Flexible Rollover Product (FRP) account.

Our FRP allows you to continue to invest your money, while giving you access to some – or all – of your super at any time1.

100X100_large_Grow your super-01.svg

Investing now for the future

Invest your money now while you’re making decisions about your future.

Insurance.svgStay covered

Continuation of Total & Permanent Disablement and/or Death Insurance within 60 days of leaving employment with the South Australian Government (please refer to separate conditions applying to spouse members).

100X100_large_Moderate-54.svgCompetitive fees

Your retirement savings work harder for you because we keep our fees low. 

To learn how Super SA can support you living your best life in retirement download and read your Super SA member booklet.

The flexible features you need in retirement

  • Seamless transition from a Triple S account
  • Competitive fees
  • Access to lump sum withdrawals1
  • Choice of several investment options
  • Roll in other accounts to the Flexible Rollover Product
  • Make your own contributions (terms and conditions apply)
The flexible features you need in retirement
The flexible features you need in retirement

A choice of investment options

Mix and match investment options to fit you. You can choose:
• One or a combination of investment options
• Invest future contributions and/or existing balance into different options The Balanced investment option is the default option. However, this may not necessarily be the right option for you.

Competitive fees and costs 

As members serving members, we aim to keep our fees low so you may be able to benefit as much as possible over the long run.

Unit Prices.svg
Administration fees and costs

$1.35 a week plus an asset-based fee of 0.05% p.a. of your FRP balance (to a maximum of $325 per year).2

Investment fees and costs

0.75% p.a.

Online Calculators.svg
Transaction costs

0.04% p.a.


The above fees and costs are for default investment option, Balanced.
For a complete overview of fees and charges, please see our Product Disclosure Statement.


As a Flexible Rollover Product investor you can purchase Death & Total and Permanent Disablement and Death Only Insurance.3

If you invest in the Flexible Rollover Product and make the required insurance election within 60 days of ceasing  employment with the SA government, and you held Triple S insurance cover on the last day you worked, you can continue the same type and level of  Death and TPD insurance in the Super SA Flexible Rollover Product without having to provide further medical information.3

Use the Insurance Calculator to work out whether you have enough insurance to meet you and your family’s needs should the unexpected happen.

Login to the Secure Member Portal to find out how much you’re currently covered for. 


Frequently asked questions

  • You are eligible to invest in the Super SA FRP if you:

    • Are still a member of a SA public sector scheme or
    • Have received an entitlement from a Super SA scheme in the last 24 months or
    • Are a spouse of a current Super SA member, and
    • Have at least $1,500 to contribute or roll in from another superannuation account.
    1. Complete the Flexible Rollover Product Application to Purchase form in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and provide the required supporting documents.
    2. Roll in and/or make a personal contribution totalling at least $1,500 with your application; and/or roll in your Super SA account if you’ve resigned or retired from the SA Government along with any other superannuation accounts totalling at least $1,500.
  • Your super may be taxed at three different stages:

    • Contribution
    • Investment earnings
    • Withdrawal

    No tax is payable on after-tax personal contributions or rollovers received from a taxed superfund.4  
    Tax maybe payable on withdrawals. 
    More information about tax rules is available in the FRP Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and the FRP Reference Guide.

  • Yes. You can open a Flexible Rollover Product account on behalf of your spouse with:

    • An after-tax contribution by your spouse
    • A spouse contribution from the current Super SA member, or
    • A rollover from a complying super fund.
    In order to open a spouse account, your spouse needs to make a personal contribution or roll over at least $1,500.
  • You can make withdrawals from your account. Each withdrawal must be $1,000 or more and is subject to Commonwealth preservation rules.

    If your balance is below $6,500

    • You can make one withdrawal each financial year (you can subsequently request a full payment and close your account).
    • The amount remaining in the Flexible Rollover Product must be at least $1,500.

    If your balance is $6,500 or more

    • There is no limit on the number of withdrawals you can make.
    • The amount remaining in the Flexible Rollover Product must be at least $6,500.

    Your Flexible Rollover Product may include:

    • A preserved component, and
    • A non-preserved component.

    These rules are different from preservation rules in Triple S and other Super SA schemes.

  • If you have at least $30,000 in the Flexible Rollover Product, reached age 60 and met a condition of release, you can roll over the entire benefit into a Super SA Income Stream.

    Alternatively, if you have reached age 60 and have not retired, then you can set up a Transition to Retirement (TTR) Income Stream. Please note if you wish to leave the Flexible Rollover Product account open and commence an Income Stream, the remaining balance in the Flexible Rollover Product must be $6,500. Find out more about accessing your super in the Flexible Rollover Product Reference Guide.

Everything about your super - all in one place

Here you’ll find all the information you need to develop a better understanding about how you can grow, consolidate and access your super.

1 Subject to preservation rules, tax maybe payable on withdrawal.
2 An additional 0.05% p.a. administration fee and cost is deducted from your investment in relation to an Operational Risk Reserve.
3 Subject to eligibility. Please refer to the FRP PDS and insurance fact sheets to learn more.
4 Some super contributions, including employer and salary sacrificed contributions, are taxed at 15% at the time they are paid into a taxed super fund. However some government schemes, such as Triple S, Lump Sum and Pension Schemes are “untaxed” funds, which means that 15% tax is instead deducted when contributions are rolled over into a taxed scheme. However, any after-tax contributions you have made to your super are tax free, including when you withdraw your super.

The superannuation schemes administered by Super SA are exempt public sector superannuation schemes and are not regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) or the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). Super SA is not required to hold an Australian Financial Services Licence to provide general advice about a Super SA product. The information in this publication is of a general nature only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation, or needs. Super SA recommends that before making any decisions about its products you consider the appropriateness of this information in the context of your own objectives, financial situation, and needs, read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), and seek financial advice from a licensed financial adviser in relation to your financial position and requirements.