SA Bushfire recovery information and appeal
Have you been impacted by the recent bushfires in Cudlee Creek or Kangaroo Island?
If you need assistance or information about recovery after these fires please visit www.dhs.sa.gov.au/recovery.
On the website, you can select the incident that has impacted you and find information specific to your region.
The website includes information about:
- The Local Recovery Coordinator
- Relief or recovery centre(s)
- Grants and financial assistance
- Mental health and wellbeing services
- Clean up and waste management
- Donations or volunteering, and much more.
The website will be updated when new information becomes available.
Help our fellow South Australians
The South Australian Government has launched the SA Bushfire Appeal to raise funds for South Australians directly affected by the Cudlee Creek and Kangaroo Island bushfires.
Financial donations are the best way to help disaster-affected communities recover, as this lets people buy exactly what they need and spend locally.
Every contribution, no matter how big or small, can make a difference to those most affected by this tragedy.
Every dollar donated goes directly to those impacted by the fires, with the South Australian Government to absorb all administration costs.
How to donate
You can make a tax-deductible donation online, via cheque, or in person at any Commonwealth Bank branch:
- Donate via the SA Bushfire Appeal Facebook Fundraiser www.facebook.com/donate/1172524589608900/113168913540534/
- Donate online at sa.gov.au/bushfireappeal
- Electronic funds transfer to the SA Bushfire Appeal, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, BSB 065 266, Account 10020160, Description must state ‘donation’
- Credit card via the SA Bushfire Appeal BPoint payment website or phone 1300 276 468 (1300 BPOINT) and enter biller code 1002359
- Cash – go into any branch of the Commonwealth Bank and donate over the counter giving the details: BSB 065 266, Account 10020160
- Cheque – send to SA Bushfire Appeal, Donations, QA Finance, GPO Box 292, Adelaide SA 5001
All funds from this appeal will be paid into the State Emergency Relief Fund and used to provide financial relief to people who suffered injury or loss due to the Cudlee Creek and Kangaroo Island fires in South Australia.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible. If you require a receipt for taxation purposes, please email DHSdonations@sa.gov.au.
If you have been directly affected by the Cudlee Creek or Kangaroo Island fires, you may be able to receive financial assistance from the State Emergency Relief Fund. More information on how to apply for assistance will be available soon.