Protecting your personal information is important to us.
This policy will help you understand how we must handle your personal information in accordance with the Acts. Super SA is responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored or passing through Super SA. Super SA complies with the State Records Act 1997 and the Government of South Australia's Information Privacy Principles (IPP). Super SA is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1991. For more information regarding Freedom of Information, please click here.
The content of the Super SA Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that when you next return to the Super SA website you read the information provided on this page again.
What personal information is collected and held by Super SA?
The privacy and security of your personal and other information when you interact with “Super SA” (which includes visiting the Super SA website, the Super SA online member portal and when you provide your personal and other information to Super SA in person, on forms and via other methods of information collection, such as email).
We collect the below type of personal information:
- Email address
- Contact phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Your Tax File Number (TFN)
- Employment details (including salary information)
- Details on who you nominate to receive benefits following your death
In some situations, we may collect information about your health, including medical information. This can occur if you make an application, change to, or claim on your insurance.
The legislation allows Super SA to obtain information about your claim from appropriate medical practitioners and your employer if needed. Super SA will only use that information for the purpose of your claim and again, it could only be disclosed in line with the confidentiality provisions.
We will only collect sensitive information with your consent, or, if it is required or authorised by law or a court order.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information in ways including:
- Accessing our website,
- Registering for our Member portal,
- Registering your attendance at one of our webinars or seminars,
- When you enter into promotions, competitions or respond to one of our surveys (or surveys by third party service providers acting on our behalf),
- With your express consent when you advise us on any form,
- When you request content on our website to be emailed to you,
- During conversations with our representatives (such as Live Chat); or
- Written requests – in writing, via our online enquiry form or by email.
Super SA will only collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, client ID, email address and contact phone number, if you provide it to us. Please note, in some instances, if you do not provide us personal information it may restrict how we may be able to help you.
How is my personal information collected online?
The information Super SA collects about you will depend on how you use and interact with our website.
If you visit an unsecured area of our website (an area where you are not required to log in) to read or download information, information recorded by us may include:
- date and time of your visit to the site,
- the pages viewed and the time spent on those pages,
- the operating system in use,
- your age, gender,
- your geo-location, and,
- time spent on our website.
- make our websites easier to use for our visitors such as improving the layout, content presented and services available,
- store your personal preferences with how you like to interact with our website,
- track usage by using third party service providers to collect information about how our websites are accessed and used (such as Google Analytics which you can read more about below), and,
- provide visitors with relevant content.
If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when cookies are used. As there are many browsers in the marketplace, the easiest way to change your settings is by searching for Cookies in your Help/Contents and Index option on your browser.
How we hold your information
At Super SA, we may hold personal information in either digital or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is protected from misuse, interference loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in accordance with the above legislations and the South Australian Protective Security Framework (SAPSF).
At Super SA, we ensure that we have appropriate measures in place to protect against information misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Use of personal information
In carrying out our business, we may use personal information we collect from you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- providing you with information, products or services you have requested from us, including where we engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf,
- displaying content which is customised to your interests,
- providing you with information about superannuation and other related products and services,
- providing financial education,
- providing information to financial advisers (only when you’ve explicitly provided us consent to do so),
- providing significant event notices and statements,
- marketing and research to improve our products and services to you,
- personalising and customising your experiences on our website,
- prompting a communication based on your interests,
- using aggregated or de-identified information for the purposes of data analysis, research and reporting,
- using information including IP addresses to assist with risk management, cyber security and fraud prevention activities, or
- for any other use required or permitted by law or any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the personal information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
In addition to the above, from time to time, we may send you direct marketing communication and information about products and services, which are relevant to you as a member. This communication may be via various methods including mail and electronic media such as email and SMS. Where you have provided us a preferred method of communication, where practical, we will try to use that method. You can choose to opt in or out of these communications at any time by visiting your Member Portal or by contacting Super SA.
How we disclose your personal information
In some circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your approved financial adviser (only when you’ve explicitly provided us consent to do so),
- any fund to or from which your benefit is to be transferred or rolled over to,
- your legal personal representative, or any other person who may be entitled to receive your death benefit, or any person contacted to assist us to process that benefit,
- third party service providers who assist Super SA in providing products and services. In these circumstances, we require organisations who handle or store personal information to comply with the Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Principles, and, the South Australian Protective Security Framework,
- your employer; and
- otherwise in accordance with our governing legislation.
If you need to contact us regarding personal information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.