Spouse Account

If you’re a current or past member of an SA public sector super scheme, your partner may be eligible to invest in the Super SA Flexible Rollover Product as a spouse member.

Spouse members enjoy many benefits in the Flexible Rollover Product, including investment choice and optional insurance cover.

A Spouse Account must have a minimum opening balance of $1,500. This amount can be deposited in one of the following ways:

  • a personal contribution by the spouse
  • a spouse contribution from the current member or
  • a rollover from the spouse’s previous super fund

Once your partner’s account has been established it can receive1:

Forms needed to purchase the Flexible Rollover Product can be found at the back of the PDS.


1 FRP accounts cannot receive employer contributions.

Triple S spouse members can also invest in the Flexible Rollover Product.

Flexible Rollover Product spouse members can also invest in the Super SA Income Stream when they satisfy a condition of release such as reaching Commonwealth Government preservation age and being permanently retired from the workforce.
For information on other conditions of release please refer to the Accessing your super section of the Super SA Income Stream Reference Guide.