Claiming for a deceased member

How to claim:

In the event of your death, your partner, children or Estate will be paid an entitlement.

If you die before age 55, the entitlement may be reduced if your spouse is receiving, or is entitled to receive, workers’ compensation payments in relation to your death.

In order to claim for a deceased member you must provide:

  • a death certificate and
  • a marriage certificate or
  • statutory declaration stating that you are the partner of the deceased and
  • birth certificates of any children.

If the deceased member was also a Triple S member, a separate application must be made to claim that benefit