Your options if you leave the SA public sector

If you resign from the SA public sector before age 55 you have the following options:

  • preserve the fortnightly income that you've accrued to your date of resignation in the Pension Scheme, providing you have more than 120 months of contributory membership
  • take the balance of your Member Account (less tax) in cash and preserve a lump sum benefit of your Employer Component, plus a productivity entitlement, in the Pension Scheme
  • roll your preserved lump sum entitlement into a complying super fund, such as the Super SA Flexible Rollover Product

It’s important you’re aware that any part of your Rollover Account that was subject to preservation before it was rolled into the Pension Scheme will still be subject to Commonwealth preservation rules. This means that, depending on your age and circumstances, you may have to wait longer to access this portion of your entitlement.

Once you reach age 55 you will have access to your fortnightly pension, or if you choose, a lump sum payment.

Use the Benefit Projector in the secure member area of this website to estimate your potential resignation entitlement.

You should also consider getting some professional financial advice to help you make decisions right for your circumstances.