What happens when you’re ready to claim your super?
Understanding how to grow your super while you’re working helps you to prepare for a comfortable retirement. But it's also important to know you can claim your super entitlements when you:
- take a Targeted Voluntary Separation Package.
- suffer a temporary disability and need to claim an Income Protection benefit
- suffer total and permanent disablement
- suffer a terminal illness
- suffer severe financial hardship
- qualify under compassionate grounds
It’s important you are aware that your superannuation may have an effect on the level of benefit you’re entitled to receive from Centrelink in retirement. You can contact Centrelink Retirement Services on 13 23 00.